InTAC: Long term thinking, short term action
The New Zealand Internet is like a huge super tanker. The bad news is that it takes a long time to change course if you don’t like the direction you’re headed. The good news is the earlier you start making those changes the smaller the changes need to make.
The InTAC conference will be more than just a collection of technology presentations. It will focus on outcomes as well as the discussions needed to bring them about. InTAC this year will take a long term view driven by short term actions.
The focus of the conference will be around answering the following questions:
- “What do we want the New Zealand Internet to look like in 5 years?”
- “What are the 5 actions the industry can perform in the next 5 months to make that future more likely?”
- 9:00am – 10:30 (90 minutes): Session One. Future State.
Outcome: Agreement on the future state we would like to achieve
- Morning tea
- 10:50 – 12:30 (100 minutes): Session Two. Current State & Transformations needed.
Outcome: Agreement on the current state and a set of Transformations to move to the desired future state.
- 1:30 – 2:30 (60 minutes): Session Three. Activities to achieve the desired Transformations.
Outcome: Agreement on a list of Activities to enable the Transformations.
- 2:30 – 3:30 (60 minutes): Session Four. Identifying actions to complete Activities.
Outcome: Agreement on a list of 5 Actions per participant achievable in 5 months.
- Afternoon Tea
- 4-5pm: Report Back (all sub-conferences – not just InTAC).
Transformation = a change from starting to ending state (through a set of activities).
Activity = a set of actions by one or more people to perform part of one or more transformations.
Action = a SMART task that one person by themselves can do in the next 6 months.